- RSS Channel Showcase 5198049
- RSS Channel Showcase 5463163
- RSS Channel Showcase 2546635
- RSS Channel Showcase 4458440
Articles on this Page
- 07/28/16--17:10: _Empowering women in...
- 08/08/16--04:00: _Essilor joins Busin...
- 09/21/16--19:48: _Vision Care at Your...
- 10/02/16--19:03: _Partnering to help ...
- 02/12/17--22:12: _Meeting Vision Amba...
- 03/21/17--22:58: _Improving access to...
- 04/25/17--23:32: _Meeting Vision Amba...
- 06/07/17--18:53: _Transforming lives ...
- 07/18/17--20:47: _A look at the Visio...
- 07/28/16--17:10: Empowering women in Rio’s favelas to become Vision Ambassadors
- 08/08/16--04:00: Essilor joins Business Call to Action
- 09/21/16--19:48: Vision Care at Your Fingertips
- 02/12/17--22:12: Meeting Vision Ambassadors in Timor Island, Indonesia
- 03/21/17--22:58: Improving access to vision care through inclusive business models
- 04/25/17--23:32: Meeting Vision Ambassadors in Ivory Coast
- 06/07/17--18:53: Transforming lives through better vision in rural China
- 07/18/17--20:47: A look at the Vision Ambassadors in Kenya
In 2015, Essilor’s 2.5 New Vision Generation launched its Vision Ambassador program in China, India and Brazil. This inclusive business model has now been adapted to help people in the favelas of Rio get access to the eye care they need. We spoke to Rosana, a Vision Ambassador who told us how she is impacting the lives of people in her community while improving […]
The post Empowering women in Rio’s favelas to become Vision Ambassadors appeared first on Essilor See Change.
Inclusive business is good for business and good for development – this is the core belief of Business Call to Action, a multilateral alliance of global corporations, that Essilor has just joined with a commitment to expand access to vision care in developing countries. With three years of inclusive business deployment behind us, and over 2.5 million lives […]
With more mobile devices in the world than number of people, huge swathes of the global population now have access to services previously out of their reach. From rural India to the favelas of Rio, recent advances in mobile health are helping to provide access to health care for communities that were previously completely cut off […]
In a country where an expected 700 million people will be myopic by 2020, Essilor Vision Foundation China is accelerating its fight against poor vision through both existing and new partnerships that are bringing vision care to thousands of school children in underserved regions. China is facing a visual health crisis: over 340 million people of all ages in China unnecessarily […]
The post Partnering to help Chinese school children in the fight against myopia appeared first on Essilor See Change.
Even with the accolade of “paradise on earth” Timor Island in Indonesia is just one of the many remote locations of the world that suffer from a lack of primary vision care providers. We met four locals who recently joined our Vision Ambassador program to help provide basic eye care to people living in underserved areas. Yohanna La’a, Maria […]
The post Meeting Vision Ambassadors in Timor Island, Indonesia appeared first on Essilor See Change.
Launched in 2013, Essilor’s inclusive business arm 2.5 New Vision Generation (2.5 NVG) provides vision care to underserved populations where people do not have access to conventional distribution channels. Through inclusive business models such as Eye Mitra or Vision Ambassadors, 2.5 NVG is creating a sustainable ecosystem that is not only generating employment and alleviating poverty, […]
The post Improving access to vision care through inclusive business models appeared first on Essilor See Change.
Ivory Coast is among Africa’s most prosperous nations, but it still suffers from many disparities, in particular between rural and urban areas. We spoke to some Vision Ambassadors who joined the 2.5 New Vision Generation program in January, about how the simple task of providing near vision correction can contribute to reducing inequalities within their communities. Making vision […]
Meet our Vision Ambassadors in Anhui Province, Eastern China, and learn how they are improving the lives of their local communities through better vision. 340 million Chinese people have uncorrected poor vision and the country suffers from a critical shortage of eye care professionals and services. The Vision Ambassador program creates access to vision correction and protection by training people from rural areas to […]
The post Transforming lives through better vision in rural China appeared first on Essilor See Change.
Access to eye care shouldn’t be taken for granted especially when 90% of the world’s 2.5 billion people who suffer from uncorrected vision live in developing nations. This is why in 2013 Essilor created its inclusive business arm, 2.5 New Vision Generation (2.5 NVG) to provide access to affordable vision care where it’s needed most. […]